Yay! I was nominated for the Leibster Award. The Liebster Award is basically an award that is by bloggers, for bloggers. It’s passed from person to person to encourage connection and support within our writing community, and to aid in the discovery of new and upcoming bloggers. It’s a great way for you (my readers) to get to know more about me. I welcome any comments also, that way I can get to know you too.
I was nominated by and have received 10 Questions from Anita at “I Loves To Read” that I can’t wait to answer and afterward I will tag and nominate 5 more blogs. I definitely suggest you head over to her blog and check it out.
Without further delay here are my answers … Happy Reading!
1. Name a book you could read over and over again, and what about it are you drawn to?
* I think it would have to be The Clan of the Cave Bear : Book 1 of the Earth’s Children Series by Jean Auel. The original that kicked off the whole series. The Clan of the Cave Bear is set somewhere between 30,000 to 25,000 years B.C. That alone intrigued me when I first started reading it in 9th grade. I think it was the mix of meticulous research ( Auel did insane research for her series, very detailed ) and an emotional story of a young woman trying to fit into a place she didn’t belong is what has always stuck with me.
2. Why did you start blogging?
* Like probably most everybody I started years ago with just an online “journal” in mind. Over the years I’ve had several blogs and they were really just me writing about some life changing experience I was having. Spiritual, Relationship, Weight Loss … But, when I started writing again I wanted a place to share my writing – this eventually lead me to Blog Tours and I realized that I also loved sharing the work of my fellow writers and that is how The Write Stuff finally evolved to what it is.
3. Describe your dream vacation.
* I’ve always wanted to go on a cruise to a few of the Greek Islands. I don’t even care which island … Santorini, Mykonos, Paros…anywhere.
* I’m old school. Nothing beats sitting under a tree in summer and turning the pages of a great book… no glare… no temptation to browse the internet. Just me and the story.
5. If you could pick a specific period in time to live in, what would you choose?
* For some reason I’ve always been in love with the late 1800’s to early 1900’s. After the Civil War .. Somewhere between Little House on the Prairie and Anne of Green Gables lol.
6. What is your Favorite movie?
* This is a TOUGH question for a moviephile … hmmm, I’d have to say Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (1971). #1. I just loved Gene Wilder when I was a kid. He was just an amazing spazzy hilarious actor. His comedic timing was amazing. And the first time I heard the beginning of Pure Imagination I was in love #2. The rest of the songs … they just stay in your head for decades #3 I really wanted a giant Gummi Bear 🙂
* I may be an old fogey here but I’d love a kid-free evening with just my Honey, a blanket, something with chocolate in it and Netflix!
8. When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
* A pediatrician or a writer 😉
9. If you could pick a song to be your anthem, what would the song be?
* Bigger Than My Body – John Mayer
10. If you had to choose between receiving a new book at random each week and being able to read only it, or living with only the books you currently own for the rest of your life, which would you choose?
* Although my collection is very loved my imagination would get bored, I’d crave new stories and ideas. Imagine reading 52 new stories a year; they may not all be great but I’m sure there would be a few gems.
MONDAY MORNING ( 4/27/15 ) I WILL ANNOUNCE THE FIVE BLOGS I’VE CHOSEN TO RECEIVE THE LIEBSTER AWARD AND THEIR 10 QUESTIONS … YOU DON’T WANT TO MISS THIS !